Saturday, December 31, 2016

Farmstead Christmas

I recently finished stitching Farmstead Christmas by Plum Street Samplers. Stitched on 32 count "cauldron" linen by picture this plus with DMC threads.
I just love this design! 









I started stitching a small thread fold  kit by Mary Garry's Sewing Cabin called Milkpaint Sampler. This is a kit offered by Kreinik. This was so generously gifted to me by another stitcher. 


I have framed our Anniversary sampler, not sure if I had previously posted a picture of it framed, so here it is! Looks so pretty above our fireplace ❤️



To my surprise I recently inherited a sterling silver thimble that belonged to my great Aunt Catherine. You can imagine how thrilled I was! I never met her in person, but I feel honored to now own her thimble and to know she was a needleworker too. It is engraved, and very, very old... Vintage! 

I also inherited one of her Duchess wood embroidery hoops!

I stitched a small scissor fob for another friend going through breast cancer. I keep her in my prayers for healing and health.


I crocheted a red lap blanket for my daughter in love for Christmas. She loved it! ❤️

Our church crochet ministry made many blankets for veterans. I felt so honored to be a part of this project! I was happy I was able to make some of the blankets too. Here are some pictures of all our blankets for the veterans displayed on the pews in our Catholic Church.
Here is one of the blankets I had made:

All the many blankets!





We have some news! We have added to our family. We headed down to the shelter and adopted a cattle dog mix. We named her Ginger and she is a very sweet dog. We have been adjusting to having a dog in our home, as well as she has been adjusting, she gets lots of love!
Here is our sweet Ginger:



We had a wonderful Fall season, and a great winter season so far! We have been quite busy. We celebrated our daughters 21st birthday, took many walks on our Trail Of Blessings on our property, lots of visits with our backyard neighbor's horse "Cherry"!,  took a mountain trip, a beach trip, day trips to antique shops, picked out some great pumpkins at a local Farmstand, took a trip to the stitch shop in SC with friends, our Son and his wife came home for Thanksgiving, we are truly blessed indeed!!
Here are just some of the many pictures I took all through the season!







Cherry with "our tree"!


Home❤️
















I'm at the Stitch N Frame shop in SC... Can you just see the happiness on my face?! lol 😀

A collage of the inside of the stitch shop. Can you see why I'm so happy to visit?! Glad it's not too far from home, about an hour. I have plenty of friends that way, so always a wonderful trip!

Me and my daughter had so much fun picking out our pumpkins!




Andy our bird:

Our Son came back from a long deployment. We missed him so much. I made sure our time together for Thanksgiving was just wonderful! It was so good to have him and his wife home with us. We had a big feast! I prepared lots of delicious food too.






Our little family, we are blessed!

Our beautiful Christmas tree...

Of course I made all my special cookies!

I baked some other goodies recently too...






Andy was happy that Santa brought him millet!


Andy weighing in on things and saying it's been a pretty good year! ....

I've already started my list of to-do's for the coming year. I would love to stitch The Lord's Prayer. 
For today though as I type this, I lay in bed with another severe headache.
It's so difficult to plan things when my headaches take over.
Tomorrow is another day. 
I wish you all a New Year filled with all good things and many Blessings!
Louise xx


































































2 comments:

  1. Louise, it was good to see your post along with all the pictures. It sounds like you are keeping busy. Thank you and your group for crocheting the afghans for the Veterans. Thank you for giving Ginger a forever home. Wishing you a very blessed 2017 filled with simple pleasures, enjoyable moments, and much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new addition! She is gorgeous! Beautiful pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...