Friday, May 7, 2021

Another Year gone!

What a year it has been! In 2020 I had frozen shoulder, was bit by a tick and had gotten very sick with rocky mountain spotted fever, then I had vitreous detachment of both eyes!...and thats not all...last year was a very very bad year... All this craziness with this virus, and my husband and I wound up with it at Christmas time. It was dreadful! I had it worse than him, and I have to say, I was never that sick in my entire life. I actually felt like I was going to die. I wound up going to the hospital and getting a covid "cocktail". (Regeneron) I wasn't afraid of getting it...as our President Trump had gotten it. If its good enough for him, its good enough for me! :P I wound up with covid induced pneumonia, and it was absolutely miserable. My poor husband being sick at the same time, we were both helpless, not being able to help each other. I lost my sense of taste and smell..which I still don't have, this will be going onto the 5th month! Now to top it all off..I am losing all my hair on my head. Talk about misery. I am not quite sure why I am going through these trials,I know God is with me, and I will perservere. I am still here, and thats a blessing! I cut my hair super short for now to try and ease the pain of it all falling out. Now onto other things! I decided to freshen up my blog a bit! A new layout with new colors. Ive decided its time to go lighter and brighter! I have been working on some things, and have some finishes to show you..so I shall get to that right now. There won't be any particular order of things, as I am tryiing to navigate a new layout. My sweet husband surprised me a little while back with a beautiful new Juki TL-18Qvp sewing machine! It sews like a dream!!! I highly recommend Juki. It is an amazing quilting machine! I decorated mine with stickers I found at Hobby Lobby :)
A sweet kit Ive ordered for myself, and hope to start in the near future! I cannot locate where I put it at the moment, when I do, I will update with details.
I finished stitching "Needleworker" by Little House Needleworks
A Friend Loveth by Plum Street Samplers. Stitched for a very dear friend of mine. This was stitched on 32 count desert sand linen using sulky threads
A granny rectangle blanket I crocheted for my sweet daughter in the colors of her pet bird "Andy"
Some new pillowcases I sewed using the burrito method. Love those french seams inside! Love the fresh new look for our bedroom.
My husband and I recently celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary! Here's to us! I stitched Forever Love by Silver Creek Samplers on 32 count linen from Hobby Lobby using called for overdyed threads.
A small piece I stitched for us...because we do make a perfect pair! :)
Ive been working on All Creatures Great and Small by Barbara Ana Designs. Im stitching this on 36 count vintage country mocha linen with one DMC thread over two.
My days are full of joy with my chickens,Harriet and Clarice and our wonderful cattle dog Ginger. We have recently added a sweet little Khaki Campbell baby duckling!
What a blessing to have a pair of bluebirds make a nest in our new bluebird house! It was so much fun watching the babies hatch and fledge right in our own backyard. Bluebirds bring happiness :)
My sweet husband put up a new clothesline for me! How blessed I am.
Thank you for stopping by, Last year was hard, but this year will be better, I just feel it! Grow old along with me, The best is yet to be, Louise xx

4 comments:

  1. You sure have been through a lot in 2020.
    Wishing you a better year this year!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and thank you
      For stopping by my blog 💕

      Delete
  2. Oh Louise....My dear friend. I had no idea at all how sick you were or when. You sure have been through a lot. I'm keeping you in my prayers and I'm sure many others are praying for you as well.

    A beautiful post here. You sure have gotten a lot done with your beautiful stitched pieces. I have declared this year, my year to finish all my WIPs, and also, not to purchase anymore charts or anything! I have so many beautiful charts ahead of me now.

    You stay well Louise. Make sure you get plenty of rest and all. Love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda!
    Thank you so much for stopping by,
    And for thinking of me!
    Love you too my sweet friend,
    🤗💕

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...