Saturday, December 28, 2019

2019, a year of new beginnings!

It seemed as though this year went slow, but now I look back and it really did go by fast!
Lots of changes took place in our lives this year. All good ones.
We uprooted our little family and moved to the wonderful state of TN!
We found the perfect little home on five acres of land. Plenty of room to roam, and to raise more chickens!
It's been a real treat decorating, and making this home ours. My dear husband has been doing construction adding onto our home too. He always works so hard, and is such a perfectionist in all he does.

Our decision came pretty easily when we found out we were going to have another grandchild! We need to be closer to them, so we can love on them even more.

Andrew Thomas was born in October, and he is the sweetest little guy. We are so in love with our grandsons!

Of course, being Grammy, I had to make him some crochet blankets and a quilt too. The theme for his room is "Guess how much I love you"
Just love those bunnies!

Here are some of the projects I made for him:

One of the blankets was a crochet waffle weave. Something new I taught myself!


Some of the blankets I made for our new Grandson:


The special quilt I made for Andrew Thomas:


The cross stitched baby sampler for him (so sweet!), I found the pattern in a UK magazine, Cross Stitcher issue #250 March 2012 :



I've stitched something for myself, Father Christmas, by Willow Hill Samplings. Such a darling design!


I've also made some Scandinavian star ornaments for all the family:


My brother gifted me with two amazing vintage sewing boxes!



Our sweet Red Heeler Ginger, as well as Andy the bird,
were so patient through all the festivities!




I have plans for this upcoming year. I've ordered Attic 24's DK yarn pack from the UK. Cannot wait to get started on my sweet pea blankie!
Just look at these colors!!


Wishing you all a happy and healthy New year, filled with all of God's blessings!

Louise xx






8 comments:

  1. All of the blankets are so pretty.
    Glad you are closer to the GK's.
    Ginger & Andy are so cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise, it was good to see your post! Congratulations on the newest addition to your family. What beautiful items you created for him; love that waffle weave blanket! I know you are thrilled to be closer to your grands along with their parents. Wishing you a healthy and happy 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! Wishing you a wonderful New Year! ❤️

      Delete
  3. Hi Louise, I have just found your blog (via Quietly Stitching). Enjoy your new home and grandson and I love your crochet blankets and your stitching. hugs, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kaye!
      Thank you so much for stopping by my
      Blog. Wishing you a happy New year!

      Delete
  4. Hi Louise. I just want you to know how much I appreciate you as a dear friend. It was six years ago now that I spoke with you while I was in the hospital. At the time, it was believed that I had one to three weeks to live. God did indeed have other plans for me I guess. God is so good. Over the years Louise, I have seen what a heart of gold you have. I'm blessed to know you as my friend. Love you dear lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda!
      I'm so glad we are friends. I'm so glad God chose to keep you here longer too.
      I love you!
      ❤️

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Framed pieces

I finally framed some of my needlework pieces. I just love how they turned out!