Saturday, January 14, 2012

The First Gift (and more stuff)....

First I want to say "thank you"..Some of you commented on my last post and it truly warmed my heart. I know that I am not the only one in this world that has grown up with hardships..I know somehow we all do learn to get past them and move on with our lives. I am thankful that at the age of 18 I met my wonderful dear sweet husband. He is the greatest blessing to me! I am so glad he is now back home again from being away on a business trip. I have missed him so much!
Now..onto what the title of this post is about...I came across something that my husband gave to me when we first began dating. You see, I loved turtles back then...well, actually, I still do..I had quite a collection going in my teen years! Soooo..yes, a turtle lover was I! :)
My husband was in the Navy and I was head over heels in love with him from the moment I first laid my eyes on him. I would see him for a weekend...and then he would leave for the Navy again. As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder..well, yes it does! In the beginning of our courtship, he was home on a weekend for leave...at the end of the weekend, he handed me a small box...he told me to open it after he was gone. It was a surprise! I couldn't wait to open that box!
Look what was inside....
It is a tiny little pewter turtle! I was so excited that he picked this out on his own just for ME! :)
I have kept it in safe keeping all these years...I just took it out and held it closed up in my hands and asked him if he remembered the first gift he ever gave me...and he looked at me and said "of course I do, it's a little turtle right?"! I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!! :)
Now..onto other things...
I had a nice day out today with stitching friends. We celebrated my friend Avona's birthday with lunch, then joined in a stitching get together . I worked on an old UFO..got a little more done on my Harriet Wool Whimsy Bunny! Too cute!
 I have started another stitchery called "The Valentine Sampler" by the Goode Huswife. It is coming along nicely! Just in time for Valentines Day:
I have had much trouble seeing while I stitch lately. I had gone for an eye checkup..and I do wear contact lenses..but the eyes are starting to get old I guess..I do have bifocal contacts..but I still would like to stitch on very small count linens and even weave fabrics... I took the advice of my stitching friends and stopped off at the local Dollar Tree for a pair of magnifying eyeglasses (just for stitching) and a necklace to put them on..not bad for two bucks! I do hope it will help me to see the tiny little x's I want to stitch!
Between the contacts and the magnifying glasses..I should now be set (I hope!)...


I look forward to a night relaxing with my family (so thrilled my hubby is now back home with us)..and I will spend the night stitching away!! WOOHOOO!!

Ps....I am down 30 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...