Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Morning Visitor

Good Morning Friends!
I was so excited to find out that I won the Top Hat Jack Challenge that Lori had on her blog at Notforgotten Farm ! If you had voted for my Clara doll, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am so very excited!!
All the entries were wonderful and it was so much fun to be a part of something so exciting. I loved being a part of something such as this, and I loved the anticipation waiting to see what everyone had created. All the artwork was amazing and so creative. Each and every entry was so beautiful! Lori has a wonderful blog, please stop over and check it out, you will love it, I have been a follower for quite some time and I enjoy all her posts immensely.

I was up late last night trying to organize my sewing room..it is a real disaster area! I took a "before" picture..but I won't be able to show you that until it is all clean and organized...you would not believe how bad it looks right now..I can't believe it myself! I have decided that I am going to start ripping apart my cross stitch magazines that I have been saving for years and years. I just have too many and they are taking up way too much space. I will take out charts that I truly want to keep and donate the rest.
My sweet husband took me to the store last night and we purchased plastic shelving to put up on each side of the sewing room. There were no shelves in this room, and I had no where to put all my things for organization..so this will be a start.
We also bought a new light to go in the room, and we also bought new "yellow" bulbs to put outside on the front porch to keep the bugs away..now I can sit on the front porch at night without the bugs swarming all around..the bulbs work!! We tested them out last night. Amazing!! :)
We just had breakfast as we were sitting on the back porch, while it is raining..I noticed something on the back porch door moving a little bit..not sure what it was, I went over to look. To my surprise this is what I saw!
A praying mantis!
This is the second one we have seen out back since we have been living here.
This one was quite large though!
It is such a docile creature and so interesting to watch.
It had a big belly , so I am sure it is eating very well! :)

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday today,





2 comments:

  1. I was so thrilled to read you had won the contest. It is a well-deserved win! Your doll is so cute!!! Yellow bulbs really work? I'll have to try them sometime. Loved the praying mantis. I haven't seen any in Massachusetts, but I'm sure they're out there somewhere. Take care...Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...