Sunday, September 30, 2012

Stitcher's Get Together and RAK's!

What a wonderful day was had by everyone that joined in our get together this weekend in South Carolina! Stitchers met at The Stitch and Frame Shop in Rock Hill, South Carolina, where we spent some time meeting up, browsing and shopping in this wonderful store! Here is a group photo...I am the one wearing my flowered purse cross shouldered...
I purchased one chart that I fell in love with...after seeing so many bluebirds when our Son left for the military, I have been keeping my eye out for charts with bluebirds in them...I thought this one was pretty!
This is "Bluebird Sampler" by Threadwork Primitives. I picked out a really pretty Weeks Dye Works thread for the "Bluebird" in the color "Blue Bonnet"...

After shopping we all went to Bonnie's house for a wonderful lunch made by her husband...delicious chicken salad, and afterwards there were plenty of desserts provided by everyone to fill us to the brim!
The chocolate chip cookies I made that I dipped in chocolate :)
More desserts that were provided....just delicious!!! Fudge and Orange Juice Cake...
We then all sat and stitched..I brought along charts and magazines I wanted to give away and share...I am starting to downsize a little bit...little did I know others were doing that too...so ...I then came home with more.!! lol
This is the lot I came home with for free...such giving sweet friends!  :) So much fun sharing!
I had recently received some surprise goodies in the mail. Additions to my Raggedy Ann collection!
My sweet dear friend Jackie in PA sent me such a beautiful new "Annie" in a little purse type bag..she will fit in just perfect in my new sewing room! I love her already!
And Linda in CO sent me the neatest Raggedy Ann and Andy Greeting Card..another wonderful addition to our collection. It looks very vintage. Just perfect! Thank you my dear friends!!

I received some very WONDERFUL news!!! It looks like our Sailor will be able to come home for Thanksgiving Holidays!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am one happy Momma :)
He will be able to see our new homestead and I get to cook him a Thanksgiving dinner. I am so excited, and a little nervous, although that might sound odd...I just want it to be so PERFECT for our Son!! I miss him so much. I cannot wait!
I wish you all a Blessed Sunday.
 

 

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time!! I think I gained a few pounds just from looking at all those yummy desserts hehehe.

    I would love to meet up with all you Carolina stitchers one day. I am sure you are over the moon about your son being able to spend the Holidays with you.... Thats great!!!

    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful time spent with stitching friends! so happy you had a good time ~ and what yummy desserts to tease us all with!
    Blessed be,
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time ~ and all those desserts, yummy! Love your surprises! But, the best news is getting your son home for Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louise,

    It certainly was a fun day. Looking forward to another GTG. Oh and my DH hasn't stopped talking about your delicious cookies...he was going to try and sneak some home..LOL

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely visiting your blog, Louise ~ beautiful stitching! I love The Stitch and Frame Shop ~ everyone is always so sweet and helpful and it sounds like y'all had a lovely visit shopping and stitching together ~ yummy desserts as well~
    Cheers and Blessings in stitches ~ Lizzy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...