Sunday, July 15, 2012

Letter Number Four!

We had received letter number four from our Son last week. I didn't mention it because it was a very touching and emotional letter for me to read and take in. It took me many days of reading it over and over to fully take in this latest letter! I think I am ok now, well, for this moment anyways..but it truly makes me realize some very important things.
My husband and I have done a very good job raising our Son Patrick. He has grown into a wonderful young man, and we are extremely proud.
Every time though that I think I am ok, I think of him and tears begin again. I have joined a couple of groups for Navy Mom's (my new way of life!)..and am happy to find out I am not the only Mom feeling this way..was happy to find out there are some feeling even worse than me! How can that be!!
So, it is calming to know this is all a normal process and part of life.
I thank my good friends that have kept close to my side without judgement and are very understanding. Listening to me and always being there for me anytime I need to talk. I appreciate you all so much!
This is all so new to me, letting go for the very first time!
It has been a full month now since that ten minute phone call we had received to talk to him.
I think that is the worst part of boot camp. :(
No contact for such a long time. I understand they break them down to build them up..but I don't think they realize they are breaking down their Mama's in the process too!
This has been a long learning process for all of us.

Graduation day cannot come soon enough.

I love you my son Patrick, more than words can ever express on this darn computer screen.
I look forward to being able to hug you again.

The World,
Mom





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...