Saturday, December 31, 2011

Visitors at my door!

I had the most wonderful visitors at my door this afternoon! I was so excited!!
Our dear friends and neighbors arrived back home from their trip to China. They are now the proud parents of their second child, a son!! He is absolutely ADORABLE!! How lucky I was to get to hold him, cuddle him, kiss him and squeeze him! he didn't seem to mind, and he even ran to me with big smiles, arms open, ready and willing to give me hugs!! (I must have a way with kids)..after all..I did work for years in an elementary school...so I guess that helped some ;)
I enjoyed every MINUTE being with him , and of course his "big" sister who is now 5 years old.
What a beautiful family they are! We are all so delighted for them with the new addition to their beautiful family!
I had been working on a secret gift for the little man..but couldn't post it till now...here it is..a special blanket for him..I chose darker blue colors, being that he is 20 months old:
It is a granny square design crochet blanket. I like making these, they work up fairly easily and are fun to make. Before they left to go back home, I had my hubby snap a picture of me and the little angels!
:)
It was a very happy day indeed!
Louise

2 comments:

  1. Louise, YOU are amazing! THANK YOU SO MUCH for your every act of kindness!!!! Thanks for being so sweet to each of my children. You do have a way with kids! Thank you for the beautiful blanket; I wore it around my shoulders on the way home from your house. It was wonderful to see Andrew walk up to you with arms wide open. It was precious! (Sorry he didn't give you a better picture before we left...maybe next time.) LOVE YA!!!!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful little babies. God is so good. Thank you so much for your new year message and my wish for you is that your year will be filled with loads of wonderful blessings. I really do need and want to come over and visit here more often. I love your blog. I thought I had signed up as a follower before, but I couldn't find me among your followers, so I signed on tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...