Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Enchanted Antiques

I absolutely adore antique shops. It is so enjoyable to see all the old time treasures. I often wonder where each piece has been, and what has brought it to that particular shop at this time. I have come across many vintage finds, each piece I may purchase, adding to my collection of treasured keepsakes.
I often look for sewing notions, threads, scissors, boxes.
Each piece I am sure could tell a story if it could speak.
Scissors used by dressmakers, or needles a Mom may have used for her family, sewing up holes, or fancy embroidery work on pillowcases.
There is a couple of amazing antique shops I have visited recently in Florida.
The newest one is Enchanted Antiques
If you click on the link, you can take a tour of the store with pictures.
They were kind enough to let me take a couple of my own.
I love this new shop!
I found a couple of neat things that I could not leave the store without.
A pretty "Flower Frog" which I will use for my embroidery scissors, and some really neat old time wooden spools of threads. I love notions! (you can click on the pictures to see them even bigger in size)












1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...