Monday, December 27, 2010

Holiday Travels and Gifts

This has been the most wonderful Christmas for us. We enjoyed mass, attended parties, and our family took a wonderful trip to the beach! The beach is a wonderful place to visit during the colder months here in Florida. It was so nice to spend time with family and celebrate this wondrous time of year.
My wonderful husband is so very good to me. He created some pretty neat embroidery scissor holders for my embroidery scissors. He is also sending me on a craft store shopping spree, and I cannot wait to go!
The scissor holders have holes drilled for my scissors, plus he also drilled little tiny holes to hold my needles also!
<>

<>

Our beach trip and visiting family was wonderful! Although it was quite chilly and the winds really were blowing hard, it was nice to be near the wonderful waves and seagulls. We happened upon an adorable snowman...made out of sand! He was dressed up so perfectly, we all had a good laugh about it.


it was wonderful watching the waves..

Being bird lovers, it was nice to see all the beach birds..
Shells we picked up on the beach...


 

Writing love notes in the sand...
Mr. and Mrs.!!

We took a drive over to a canal, it is a gathering place for Manatees!
It was so neat looking at these wonderful peaceful creatures..there were many of them there..

I managed to get a bit of video of a manatee eating off of the side of the canal..


A pretty bird along the canal!


Of course, there are plenty of Palm trees!
 We truly had the most enjoyable time. This past year has been absolutely wonderful for us..getting to move back home, we are so blessed ! I couldn't imagine anything better.
Now we look forward to the celebration of the upcoming new year and look forward to what God has in store for us! Bring on 2011!!
My sweet SIL's gave me some really cute gifts , Thank you Erin for a beautiful addition to my Raggedy Ann tree! She had also surprised me with Snoopy ornaments..she knows how much I love Snoopy and the peanuts gang.

Cathy gave me soft cozy socks with a beautiful "Sister" ornament , I love these, thank you!

My Dear MIL surprised us with a beautiful framed photo of birds...she knows how much our dear "Sunny" was loved and was with us for 24 years. This was the first Christmas without Sunny. He sure was missed. What a beautiful sentiment this framed picture is. In memory of our dear Sunny. We had also lost our dear lovebird Sunshine..so these two birds will represent our birdies for sure! I think perhaps we shall hang it above our bed in our bedroom. It is beautiful! Thank you for your thoughtfulness!

I received the most wonderful package from Kerribeth!
I was so surprised when I opened up the Christmas box..inside was a wonderful American Quilt Collection "Sawtooth Sampler" Pattern, along with all the many wonderful Pearle Cotton, Watercolor, Overture, Pebbly Perle and Presencia threads.
Also, the Rose colored canvas to go along with the pattern.
I have never tried this before, but I cannot wait to start it!
Thank you Kerri for your kindness!


Wishing you all good things in the upcoming New Year!

1 comment:

  1. You are making me want to get back to our beach condo!!! I have not been able to go in 2 months and seeing your sandy scenes makes me want a little road trip!!

    I love your husbands creativity and I know you will love using the scissors/needle holders!!

    Here's to a blessed new year and much stitching~~ Always, Faye

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...