Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pin Cushion





Stitched up this freebie design today and made it into a pin cushion. I used 28 count evenweave with DMC thread numbers 3804 and 3021.
I used crushed walnut shells for the filling (just love that stuff!). It is supposed to sharpen your pins and needles as you use the pin cushion too!
This is a freebie from Primitive Bettys, and you can find the freebie by clicking on this link:

Valentine Freebie


I had the day off today and took a trip to Goodwill again...
I think I am their best customer!
We really need new everyday dishes, but I really like the old set from when we first got married. I found some last week of the same exact set, but they were all chipped except for one. I purchased that one plate for a dollar. I need to add to our set, being as we have broken some over the years. I like our old design called "Heartland" very much.
But! Today I meandered over to the dishes and kitchen section today and found a set of four dishes that were in tip top shape. I have a thing for the color blue (along with purple)..and I just couldn't pass these dishes up. They have a nice apple design on them. These dishes are called "Appletime" and were only a dollar each! I am sure we will get good use out of these dishes.
I like the fact that my everyday dishes will be mis-matched anyways..that's the country style right? :)


Although I keep bringing things to Goodwill to drop off I seem to be coming back home with more stuff...this is NOT good.
I had a plan, and I don't think it is working out as well as I thought.
I need to drop things off and NOT go inside..but oh! There are such treasures in that wonderful place!

I am so longing for the warmer weather. I am ready to plant flowers and to spend more time outside. I am looking forward to this summer!

Raggedystitches,

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    nice pin cushion and looks like you enjoy your trip to Goodwill I have never gone but I bet is intersting store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pin cushion is darling! Thank you for stitching & sharing! I'll be posting it on my blog Friday for ~*Friday Finishes*~.

    Smiles,

    Betty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pin cushion is adorable and love those apple dishes. My kitchen is full of apples. Hubby swears if I bring one more dish home he will have to build more cupboards. Silly man. i don't see the down side to his comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh, I feel like I have been away from your blog for the longest time! Everything is beautiful and I am really enjoying drinking my coffe and "browsing" your site! love you and everything about you xoxo ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...