Monday, January 4, 2010

Crochet and a New Year...

I thought I shall post before heading out to work this morning.
I have been busy doing a little bit of crochet. I was trying to teach myself some new stitches (decreasing, etc..)..
well..that wasn't working out too well!! Grrrrrr!

But! I taught myself the treble crochet stitch, and I must say, I am proud of myself for what I have accomplished! I managed to whip up a beautiful scarf in just two days, and plan to start on another one. It is so soft and the colors are so beautiful!
It only took one skein of Red Heart yarn..with a little extra yarn for the pom-poms...I couldn't locate my pom-pom maker (of course!, Ms. Unorganized over here)..so I had to try and make them myself by wrapping yarn around a piece of cardboard. Not as perfect as I wanted them, but they look cute :)I used a 6mm aluminum crochet hook. Loved the way it felt in my hand while working!
I am also working on a small baby blanket..which is a granny square..except I am continuing the square and making it very large..possibly 25 to 30 rounds. (Simple enough!)...I am using Red Heart blue yarn and a baby *sparkle* yarn to make the blanket extra soft and pretty.I like to use a big chunky crochet hook for making the blankets.

Here is a WONDERFUL site I like to go to for all sorts of free crochet patterns.
Click on the link and see what you can find! :)
Crochet Pattern Central

I think perhaps I might be a beginner crocheter my whole life...or maybe a beginner crocheter wanna be advanced crocheter ?? :)

I guess I am just happy that I was able to teach myself something of the sort!

All the best to all of you this upcoming New Year.
May you be filled with all good things and may the Lord bless you abundantly.

Raggedystitches,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Framed pieces

I finally framed some of my needlework pieces. I just love how they turned out!