Friday, January 15, 2010

Busy Day

Today will be a busy day.
I am helping out someone who has been ill recently. I baked this morning and will be cooking dinner for their family tonight.
I will pick up some flowers for her to cheer her up. She is such a sweet person, and I am so glad that God gave me this opportunity to help her out as much as I can.

This morning I will head out to my church to help volunteer for a luncheon for a funeral. I have baked goods that I will bring along.
I think it is such a wonderful thing the church does to help grieving families out during their time of need. I am glad I can help be a part of the volunteer committee. Seems as though it is such an easy thing to do, but I am quite surprised that it is usually the same people that always show up. Wish others would think more like the volunteers do.

God wants us to serve him. He wants us to live our lives to do his will.
To help others in their time of need. It is such a good feeling to know you have given time of yourself. We do all have a little bit of time, even in our hectic lives. Just a moment or two can mean so much to someone who is grieving.

After volunteering at the church today, I have to head out to pick up some craft items to help my daughter to make wigs for her group project for Social Studies.
I hope I can fit this all in tonight..but I think I will.

I have started sewing the vests for her group to wear.
They will be doing a video on the Declaration of Independence.

I let Peter Rabbit out of the cage to run around the house this morning a bit..
I had trouble catching him! He was a wild rabbit on the run!
He was chewing on anything his teeth got a hold of.
Silly ole' rabbit!

Time to get ready for church,
I will leave you with this lovely picture of me,
like my dress?
Found it at the thrift shop!
(Just kidding) lol
I wish!

I love dresses like this..always have.
You can put your image in a picture like this too at
Faceinhole.com

:)

Raggedystitches,

2 comments:

  1. I love that dress too! It seems the same people always help out everywhere you go. Our church is so small so it is all of us usually LOL -- Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...