Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's a bird, it's a plane..it's a ????

***Edited to add:
The creature has been identified! It is a "Hummingbird Moth"! :)
Funny little fella!****


I am not sure what it is! lol

If someone can identify what this is, I would LOVE to know!

I saw this today flying, flittering and hovering over my flowers out back. I thought for sure it was a hummingbird..but as I looked closer, it wasn't!
It seemed to be trying to get nectar out of the flowers.
I have never seen such a creature in my life!

I managed to get a photo of it before it quickly zoomed away.

Do you know what this is?

Click on the photo for a larger picture.

thanks for any help in identifying it!

Raggedystitches,

3 comments:

  1. I have seen those before, aren't they awesome!!! I love those and dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hummingbird moth?! What a strange little creature! I've never heard of that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...