Sunday, June 14, 2009

RAINBOWS



I have always had a thing for rainbows..
They are so beautiful. I believe it is God's way of telling us, that although we will face the rains, the rainbows too will come our way.
There was a saying I found on a sticker after my daughter was born. After our daughter endured so much with her open heart surgery as an infant..we were so worried about her future...The sticker said just a few short words,
"After the Rain the Rainbow"
It's almost as if God promises us that it will all be ok after all.
I have always held tightly onto that saying in my heart, for it seems that each event that passes in my life that seems too difficult, eventually we do get through it.
After all..if you wait, the rainbow does appear after the rain. You just have to look for it!~

On our drive home from a long journey the past couple of days for the funeral of a very dear friend of ours..we drove through a bad storm. Then the skies opened up, and the sun peeked through. My son said from the back seat "Hey! Look out the window~" There to our surprise was a pretty rainbow.

Perhaps a promise that our dear friend is indeed in the arms of Jesus.

Raggedystitches,

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to look at life and the twists and turns we go through. If we could all just wait for the rainbow to appear maybe more of us would see the light at the end of the tunnel! Words to live by Louise, thanks for the inspiration! Love you sister.
    ~thyme2sow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rainbows too. God's promises are forever! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...