Saturday, April 4, 2009

Peter Rabbit Grazing Out Back!


What a beautiful day it is here today in North Carolina!
I decided to bake an apple pie for my husband, and also whip up my favorite new treat, yellow squash in the oven. I was starting to organize some of my fabric and getting some laundry done. Because I am always doing a million things at once, nothing ever fully gets finished. :) But, I guess it is good I am keeping busy.
I spent a bunch of time today with my little furry friend Peter outside.
I put him in his grazing cage so he could get lots and lots of sunshine and roaming room. He just loves it in there, I can tell! I took a bunch of pictures of him and got some really good candid shots.


I thought I might put a note here on how I make my yellow squash..I really like how it comes out. It is my own made up recipe..and there really isn't any measurements for the ingredients..you just put in how much you want of each item (but I will put an approximate on measurements for you!) It really tastes good. I was experimenting one day and I threw together a bunch of stuff, and I really surprised myself with how good this came out. Hope you like it too!

RaggedyStitchers Yellow Squash Recipe:
I chopped up Yellow Squash into 1/2 inch pieces
placed the squash into a buttered baking dish
put in chopped onions
sprinkled with garlic powder
Sprinkled 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs over Squash
Sprinkled 1/4 cup parmesan or romano cheese over top
drizzled 1/2 cup melted butter

Cover with foil and Bake at 350 degrees till the squash is tender..I think I did it for about an hour..

Now, you can change the measurements if you would like to more or less of each ingredient to your own taste..or add something else if you would like, or take something out...

It really is DELICIOUS!
here is a picture of the finished product..I made this today!


Enjoy,
RaggedyStitches,
Louise

6 comments:

  1. Your bunny is so cute and I bet he love being out there on the lawn

    Thank you for the nice squash recipe, as we love squash around here.

    Roberta Anne aka
    The Raggedy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Peter is getting big. I guess it is from all the love you give him! Give him a big bunny kiss from his aunt in NY.
    ~thyme2sow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your squash recipe does sound yummy!! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy recipe!!! Peter looks like he is enjoying himself! Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bunny. I have one called Amber and she loves being outside. Your recipe looks nice. Is yellow squash the same as Butternut squash?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yellow squash and butternut squash are two different types of squash. I just google searched to double check and you can see photos to tell the difference. I have never tried butternut squash myself..I will have to try that soon! :)
    Louise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...