Saturday, March 28, 2009
Fiesta Salad Recipe
It's Salad time!
I have made this salad many times already and my family enjoys this very much.
The dressing is absolutely delicious. I just had to share this recipe with my blogger friends! :)
* HONEY-LIME DRESSING
* 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
* 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
* 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
* 2 teaspoons minced garlic
* 1 (10 oz.) package blend of romaine and leaf lettuce
* 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and well drained
* 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1 (10 oz.) package frozen corn kernels, cooked according to package directions, drained and cooled
* 3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
* 1/2 small red onion peeled and sliced
* 1 ripe avocado, peeled, cored and chopped
* 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
* 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, plus additional for garnish
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
MIX all Honey-Lime Dressing ingredients in small bowl until combined.
TOSS all salad ingredients in a large bowl, JUST BEFORE serving.
POUR dressing over salad; toss until evenly distributed. Season salad to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately with additional cheese and Honey-Lime dressing on the side.