Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tillie The Apple Doll

I have completed my First Apple Doll :)

It wasn't as hard as I thought it might be.
The apple head that I had carved (see picture below in previous post), dried nicely.
I put in black beads for the eyes.
I used watercolor paint for the cheeks, eyebrows and mouth.
I followed the tutorial (see post below for tutorial) to make the clothes.
I have carved hands from another apple that I had dried.
I really enjoyed making this doll, it was a lot of fun!

I have decided that her name shall be "Tillie". A name I have always loved.
:) She looks like a "Tillie" to me.

She has her basket of some stitching supplies, and she has her sign demanding your stash! She is a lady with attitude. :)

Here she is!
"Tillie"!
(you can click on the picture to enlarge it)

3 comments:

  1. Louise,

    She's cute! You are very creative. Have a safe and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister, you're amazing! Tillie came out great! Will you continue with the rest of the family? Keep us posted...xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...