Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Quilt Updates...

I have been working on my quilt project as much as I can.
I have pinned it, and have been machine quilting it. I have used stencils, and did some freehand drawing on it also.
Hopefully during tomorrow nights class I will learn how to make the binding.
This sure is a lot of work! But I know it will be worth it in the end. I am very happy with my lap quilt so far. This will hang in the quilt shop I work at for a little while. Hopefully not too long, then I will take it home!
:)
I had trouble trying to hang this up somewhere to take a picture. When all else fails, use Duct Tape!!! Works like a charm. hee hee ;)
thanks for looking,
Louise
(I know I have yet to remove the chalk marks....it is very late, and I am so tired! I will get to that tomorrow...I also noticed my lines aren't even, but! I am human, I have to keep reminding myself that, and I don't want it to be perfect anyways, quilts are supposed to look handmade right?!) :)

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Louise!! I admire you so much for even attempting quilting!! I have had alot of quilters in my family...but I have never attempted to try it...I just admire them..LOL
    Hop on over to my blog if you care to...I don't have much of my stitching in there though, just a post here and there about that....hopefully that will change when the kids go back to school
    Marion
    Nova Scotia
    (from Pals and the 123 board

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Your quilt is beautiful. You are so brave to quilt it yourself. I refuse to quilt mine. I give them to my friend with a long arm machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I just love it. I am so amazed when you post all your hobbies - painting, quilting, cross stitch! Wish I could do some others but it seems cross stitch is my only one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt Louise! I have been trying to find your blog!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...