Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Counting the days...

Our Sailor Son will be home for Thanksgiving!! YAY!
I am counting the days....Oh, what to make? What to make?
Of course turkey with all the fixin's, and I will bake apple and pumpkin pie too!
I will have dips and crackers, and all sorts of treats, especially the favorites that our son loves.
I can't wait. It has been too long since we have seen him last. I don't cry as often, but I still do every now and then. I am proud of the man he has become, to go out on his own and serve this country.
In the Nuclear Program of the United States Navy, there are many study hours. It is not an easy undertaking. I admire my Son so much.
I can't imagine seeing him again, to give him a big hug, I just know I will cry!!
I am going to start the Thanksgiving list today, I don't want to miss a thing!

I am trying to keep busy at home with my stitching and crocheting. Working on more scarves at the moment. This is a little piece I have started for myself...
This is a Design by Notforgotten Farm. As most  of you know I love rabbits and miss my Peter Rabbit terribly. I am stitching this in memory of him. The fabric is 30 count coffee stained raw linen, a piece that I had won from Notforgotten Farm. I love the primitive look of this piece so far.
Fall has really set in, and now you can really see almost through the woods in our backyard. It is wonderful to sit out back and have this awesome view!
 I have been enjoying watching all the leaves flutter to the ground, sometimes in masses. Although not trying to think about all the raking that will have to be done! :)
Another finished pin pillow for a dear friend completed...
If you crochet, you must stop in to your local Pharmacy, or Walmart. They have tins filled with candy for the Holiday seasons...I have found that these tins perfectly hold crochet hooks! I love using them...(especially because I lose everything all the time) Ha! But, to keep them in these tins, they will hopefully never get lost again :) I picked up this one the other day...just love the pale yellow color of the tin!
As you can see here, the hooks fits quite nicely...
 I am very excited, I received an email from Debbie of My Big Toe Designs stating that I am a doorprize winner from the Online Needlecraft Show! I couldn't believe I won!! I am not sure yet as to what my prize will be, but I am happily waiting in anticipation, because I know it is going to be wonderful!! :)
I will keep you all updated on that...
I had a reminder this morning that God is always present...
I went to make myself some eggs for breakfast, and when I opened up the carton for eggs, this was printed inside! I have never taken notice of this before, but isn't it wonderful?!!
I purchased these eggs from Aldi. It is a wonderful grocery store that has fine German chocolates and their prices are so much more reasonable than other grocery stores. I shop here weekly.
The last time I visited there, I was at the register and spotted these....
Advent calendars filled with real German chocolates. This has been a tradition in our home since our children were little. At the price of just 99 cents, I couldn't pass these up! Usually I find them with the birth of Christ depicted on the front, but living in the country now, there is not as much as far as variety here. I believe I used to purchase these at Hallmark in the past years.
I am off to prepare my lunch now..some leftover chicken and perhaps a salad or veggies.
Whatever you decide to do today, do it with all your heart :)
Blessings,
Louise

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being able to spend Thanksgiving with you Son. That truly is something to be Thankful for.

    My Nephew left on Oct 22nd for the Marines. He is boot camp for 13 weeks. His graduation date is set for Jan 18th I am really looking forward to attending it. It seems just like yesterday he was a curly headed little boy he was my sidekick in the summer time.

    Love you new start. Cant wait to see your progress. Great idea for your hooks.

    Have a great day !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise,

    You are wonderful! I love how you find the good in everything around you--and in everyone you are in contact with! How exciting that your son will finally be home!!!!!!! And, SOON!!!!!!!!!! I am thrilled that you will soon be engulfed in your son's embrace!!!!! What an awesome gift for Thanksgiving!

    You can give him a hug from me, too ;-). I am so proud of him!

    Much love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a most wonderful Thanksgiving! I can only imagine how thrilled you are to have your son home for a visit.
    My mom shops at Aldi as well ~ sure wish I had one where I live!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...