Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I am a Sailors Mother

I Am A Sailors Mother

I am a Sailors mother; I sometimes march alone And yet I stand with many, trying to be strong.

You may not recognize me as you pass me on the street;
I may look like any other that you by chance might meet.

Like any mother, in a lot of ways I still remain, But watching my son become a Sailor brought a forever change.

For deep down inside where you cannot see
My own battle rages that’s as real as it can be.

It starts with feeling pride in all he has become, But often worry creeps in before the day is done.

Then there is his absence that never will seem right -
The days without a word that causes many sleepless nights.

And at the sight of another Sailor, my heart skips a beat,
For it reminds me of my own, and that face I’d love to see.

And I have a deeper sense of the sacrifices our heroes make;
I can see the hardships on the families – the loneliness, the heartache.

But in spite of all that’s raging, this mother’s love holds strong
As I’m wrapped in God’s peace and comfort and given strength to go on

1 comment:

  1. What a great poem Louise. What a great job Patrick has done and will continue to do I'm sure. Now is the time to look back at when he was just starting boot camp. Remember how lonely you were without him around? Remember how hard it was, and how many times you said that you just didn't think you could get through it all? God was there.
    Love you girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...