Sunday, June 24, 2012

Our Weekend

I was so happy to have my husband home this weekend. He was gone with his job all week and I have missed him so much!
He worked around the house and hung many pictures for me. He also painted the front door:
I love a black front door! I hung the wreath that I made a long time ago onto it. So Spring/Summery looking :)
Next up my husband hung hanging planters from the front porch, along with flower boxes..I picked out fern type plants at the store and impatients. I am not very good with plants..but I am hoping these are hardy enough to live for me:
He put up a bracket for a beautiful new American Flag, and I also put out two garden flags..one with a little bluebird on it, and the other a United States Naval emblem flag in honor of our Son while he is in bootcamp. I love the look of the front of our house! Here is how it looks now!! :
 We have an awesome screened porch out back. I just love the view! I haven't seen any deer roaming back there yet..but hopefully one day I will. I have to stop sleeping in so much, then maybe I will see one :)
I am glad the back porch is screened in...because this is the type of bugs we have here in North Carolina, I do not, I repeat, I DO NOT want to be the recipient of an attack from one of these beetles, and I don't want to find one crawling up my leg, thank you very much!! hee hee
The Royal family Rabbit, Peter has been quite happily romping around the screen room since we have moved in. I must say, he is quite spoiled! He is litter trained and a very smart fella. We leave him loose in the screen room all day long now and I visit him with his favorite treats of almonds, spinach leaves and celery:
I put a hummingbird feeder out front and thought I would never get any hummingbirds. I bought a more expensive feeder and it wound up leaking..and never saw one hummingbird as of last week. Then, I went to Walmart and bought my favorite 5 dollar hummingbird feeder and made up my own solution of food, and within two days a hummer arrived!!! I was so excited! The same little birdie visits me every day all day long now. I have been trying to snap a picture of it while sitting on the front porch..it is a little bit afraid of me however..but I managed to get this picture today...if you look to the left of the picture you can see the hummingbird peeking around the feeder, so sweet! :)
I noticed the hummingbird up in the tree on a branch..I don't have the best camera, but tried to take a picture of it sitting up there..when I snapped the picture, this is what I got..it was on it's way back to the feeder!
Do you see that tiny little spec near the little branch? lol
That's our little hummer!
I have been working on teaching myself to crochet Japanese flowers. Still having a bit of trouble, but getting better at it! Here is what I have come up with so far. I really like making these, they are fun!
I haven't done too much in the way of cross stitching in a while...I need to get back to that soon. I want to work on my chart "Roots and Wings" again. I need to pull that one out :)
I hope to be getting together with a friend this week to deliver meals to elderly people with the Christian Mission. I so enjoy helping others. :)

I wish you all a beautiful Blessed week ahead.
Louise

2 comments:

  1. Your home looks like just that, a home, and a beautiful one besides! Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad the move has gone well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you are settling in well in your new home. Love the hummer, yuck on those beetles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...