Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cutting up the fabric!

I have attempted to begin the knitting stitches from the book..well, let's just say that didn't go over too well. I was able to do the first stitch then I lost my place. LOL! I put it down then decided to start cutting up the fabric. I want to make a really simple runner for my table.. I wanted the colors of  red, white and blue to sit on my table in the dining room. I am not going to fuss with binding. I am going to sew a back on and turn. Easy peasy!
But, it looks like I may have already packed the batting that I knew I had in the house. I am so hoping I won't have to go back to the craft store. Anyways...this is what I have done so far...squares sewn together that I will sew into bigger squares...then into one long strip. Then, either hand quilt or stitch in the ditch perhaps..that will go quicker.

sewing definitely put me in good spirits, as I love being creative. :)
Louise

4 comments:

  1. You're going to be sitting at a very pretty table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    Your runner is looking great! I love the colours you chose.

    Keep going with the knitting - you will get there!

    So pleased to hear that you are in good spirits now.

    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table runner is looking really good. Keep going with the knitting, it can be fulfilling when you get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...