Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Baking!

The Thanksgiving baking has begun! I made a new favorite, Apple Crunch Pie. It sure is delicious!

If you would like the recipe, it is on my recipe blog HERE!

Of course we are having traditional apple pie, which I made use of my new snowflake cookie cutters to decorate the pie crust:

I made pumpkin pie and used a cookie stencil to make a turkey on top with confectioners sugar. Too CUTE!

These are the cookie stencils I use..I found them at the beginning of the autumn season at Hobby Lobby:

I also made a new recipe, chocolate snowball cookies. This is a recipe by Betty Crocker and can be found HERE!

The cookies are delicious, I omitted the almonds..and would suggest not using the full teaspoon of almond extract in the recipe. Almond extract is very strong in flavor! Next time I will probably just put a half teaspoon. They are yummie cookies though :)
I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving, being with family and thanking God for all our many blessings!

Make sure you head on over to Plum Street Samplers Blog for her new Freebie cross stitch design, it is Gorgeous, and perfect for Thanksgiving! You can find the freebie HERE!

The Primitive Hare has a cute Christmas freebie! You will have to scroll down to see it. Love it! CLICK HERE!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...