Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy News and a little project

I have been busy volunteering with my daughter and enjoying each and every moment of every day. It is nice not working for the moment and spending time for "me". I have been catching up on some little projects, crocheting, stitching, and now plenty of sewing will be happening! My dear angel of a husband surprised me out of the blue the other day. He said we were going for a drive to a sewing machine shop!!
I have dreamed of owning a real quilting machine, and have wanted one for some time now. After working in a quilt shop in NC, I had gotten a taste of what it was like to sew on a quilting machine and knew that this was something I would like to have one day.
I explored the options in the past..asking friends what types of machines they have, and what would be the best for my needs. I really didn't want an embroidery machine, I wanted one more for craft sewing/quilting.
I never dreamed of owning a beautiful new machine would come sooner that I had ever imagined!
Did I ever tell you that I am married to the greatest man in the whole wide world, well I am! 
I am now the proud owner of a Janome machine!!! It is amazing! It runs so smooth and sews beautifully. I have been reading the book that came with it, and learning about all the features it has.
I truly think I am the luckiest lady in the whole wide world. I was thinking my first project up might be a table runner for our dining room. It is going to be so much fun creating new things.
I am soo excited!!!
Did I tell  you I am married to the greatest man in the whole wide world?!! :) (Can you tell how excited I am?!)
I stitched a freebie design by Carriage House Samplings (sorry I cannot find it on the web at the moment), I had printed it out some time ago. Not sure if it is still available or not?
I decided to omit the border around the edge. It was a quick easy design to stitch that I made into a pretty pin cushion. I used crushed walnut shells for filler, which they say sharpens the needles and pins with use.
I have a thing for purple, and just loved the fabric I found for this little cushion. It has pretty little purple flowers with bits of pink, green and blue. I love using crushed walnut shells as filler, it makes the cushion nice and heavy. I don't think I will use anything else from now on for my cushions!

I am off to tidy up the house a bit. Dinner will be easy tonight. Took out homemade meatballs in sauce from the freezer that I had made not too long ago. Having meatball hero's for dinner!
Tomorrow will be an enjoyable day volunteering at the church then lunch with my daughter :)
Last week we volunteered with young Mom's, teaching them how to make one of my favorite cookies! My daughter really enjoyed that. :)

I wish you all a beautiful blessed day!
Louise

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous finish! Wonderful that you got your machine. how is it different from a plain old machine?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...