Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sewing and Baking

I have decided to do some fun things today. My day started with baking fresh bread in the oven. I just LOVE the feel of the dough as I knead it. I was so excited with anticipation on the final results. Making bread brings back fond memories of my Italian grandmother. She used to make her own fresh bread and pasta noodles also. I used to love spending time with her as she cooked in her kitchen. She was a small woman in stature, about 4 feet 10 inches tall. Her homemade pizza was the best! Homemade bread always smells so delicious while baking :)
I usually have trouble with my dough rising, and today was no exception. It didn't rise up as high as I thought it would, but still, it did some. Some is better than not!
Here is the dough before baking:

After I pulled the loaves from the oven, this is the result!:


If you would like the recipe, I have placed it on my recipe blog
Country White Bread

It rained heavily last night, and woke me up about 4:30am. I am glad I was able to get back to sleep. Just until 6:00am to see my daughter off to school. I had a most enjoyable day!
Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE Lorri Birmingham designs? I do!
I put a couple of stitches into a very old UFO. Peaches and Cream by Lorri Birmingham. This UFO is ongoing for about 12 years now! I don't know when it will ever get finished. I know that I will never part with it, because it is a very pretty design. One day it WILL get done ;)
I started putting together a bunny on my sewing machine. I didn't have a pattern, created one myself.
She is coming along, little by little. I think perhaps I shall name her "Claire". I love that name!
Here is Claire Bunny after I tea stained her..made a mixture of tea, cloves, allspice and cinnamon. Brushed her all over, and now she sits outside to dry :) She smells absolutely wonderful!
I have already sewed a simple primitive type dress for her. I used a pretty green homespun fabric..it will be tied up with raffia. Not sure how to paint her face yet..still thinking on that..perhaps very simple. Sometimes less is more!
The sun has begun to shine outside, and now the day is even better.
Time to sit down with one of my favorite magazines, a toasted slice of homemade buttered county white bread, and a cup of tea!
Blessings to you today!

2 comments:

  1. would love to be able to get together with you Louise!!!! I have made homemade bread this week also..yummy!!!! Nothing beats home made bread. I went to the Amish store the other day & bought a 50# bag of white flour & also bought a bag of wheat flour...
    I would love to know how you died the fabric.....I have a pattern (cross stitch) that you are suppose to tea dye the piece after it is stitched!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that bread does look good, Louise! I haven't tried making anything with yeast yet but I really should. Maybe I should add that to my list of New Years goals. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...