Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day Sweets!


This is what I have been up to this morning...
The kids are still asleep, and thought I would surprise them with some fresh baked Valentine cookies from the oven!
(I am surprised the heavenly smell hasn't woken them up yet...but I guess teenagers can sleep through anything!) ;)

This is a wonderful recipe for Butter Cookies.
They are absolutely delicious. I have made this recipe before, and it is a winner!

Butter Cookies:
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
Ingredients:
2 Cups of Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 lb. Butter (2 Sticks)
1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Beat together butter and sugar.
Add flour and baking soda.
Use mixer or knead by hand to mix. (I used an electric standing counter mixer)
Add vanilla last.

Roll into balls approximately 1" in diameter.
Place on buttered (not sprayed) cookie tin (I used aluminum cookie sheets)
Flatten balls with a fork dipped in flour.
I then put a tiny heart shaped cookie cutter in the middle of each cookie and pressed down slightly (not all the way through!) to add red sugar crystals in the center of the cookie cutter, then lifted the cookie cutter off the cookie.

Bake cookies until edges are only lightly browned...depending on the heat of your oven, I baked mine for a full 12 minutes.

My daughter just woke up and was smiling when she came downstairs!
She knew I was up to something.
Of course she had to have a cookie before breakfast :)

Happy Valentines Day ,
with RaggedyStitches,
Louise

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sweet Louise, My Sister!
    Thank you for making my Valentine's Day a little sweeter! I love you, xoxoxoxo
    Nicole and Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You created one of a million "Mommy Moments" for her to remember:) What a sweet thing for you to do! Thanks for sharing your recipe:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...