Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bedpost Pillow


My first project for 2009 is this Bedpost Pillow I created today.
I found this free chart on the internet CLICK HERE
It is a lovely little bird, and it was calling for me to stitch it!
I searched through my bag of fabric scraps, and found the most suitable fabric to go along with this stitched piece.
I have added the most beautiful lace that was so graciously given to me by my dear stitching friend Jackie. She sent the lace to me from Slovenija. I think it added such a nice touch to my little pillow.
I have used DMC threads, colors 470, 304, and 322. This was stitched on evenweave.
I have also added some pretty old buttons that I had purchased at a local garage sale. Click on my picture to see enlarged detail of lace and buttons. :)

Wishing you all a New Year filled with Many Wonderful Blessings!
Raggedy Stitches,
Louise

2 comments:

  1. Dear Louise! It's lovly! Thank you for stitching my little bird!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for your family!
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece!! and a great idea!
    Thanks for inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to post a comment.
Means so much to me! I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as
I enjoy posting about all the things I love. I wish you a Beautiful Blessed Day!
Louise

Every Opening Flower

A new start! Every Opening Flower designed by Brenda Gervais. I am stitching this on 32 count cream Belfast Linen with called for overdyed a...